Sunday, December 2, 2012

Wide World of Comics


Wide World of Comics

Fantastic Planet

I watched the rest of Fantastic Planet and I wasn’t the biggest fan. A big part of it might’ve been because I watched the English dub instead of the French one. The English voice actors were so dull and the animation was already limited and it just seemed boring. Normally, good voice acting saves limited animation. I should’ve watched it in French. I did really find it interesting that the movie showed us a utopia. But it was a utopia for the Traags and a nightmare for the Oms (who us humans are supposed to relate to.) Like a lot of 70’s science fiction/fantasy the movie focused on introducing us to new world. It focused on the culture of the Traags and the Oms. It also focused on the landscape and creatures. It seemed a bit more focused on the world than the plot. While I did like that Terr used the power of the Traags’ own knowledge in the end the conclusion of the film seemed very rushed. The Oms create a rocked and travel to the world that the Traags meditate to. They start destroying the world and the statue the souls would inhabit. This devasted the Traags so much that the called for peace and ended the slavery of the Oms. I don’t understand why the Oms would accept a peace treaty. For once they finally had power over the Traags and the Traags were terrible to the Oms past. The Oms also didn’t seem like a race that would accept peace so easily. They had some issues with Terr when they first saw him. Why would the accept peace from their oppressor so quickly? But before that question is answered the movie is over.

Triplets of Bellville

I have never seen triplets of Bellville before this class and I loved it! I loved Champion’s unconventional family. I loved the style and the comedy. It was so interesting to watch but I was wrapped in it. It made such and interesting story even though it had so little dialogue. Which was so it could be distributed to other countries. I also found it very inspiring to my own animated work.

No comments:

Post a Comment